Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not me, but the GOD in me


D.I.V.A...

D.ivinely
I.nspired
V.ictoriously
A.nointed

When will you see that what you see ain't me, but the God in me,
That I am able to do all things because He strengthens me?

I'm just a mere pawn on His colossal chessboard,
Day in, day out living to glorify my Lord.

He takes my imperfections and flaws and uses them to perfect His strength.
When I'm too frail, "whew" He blows in His Holy breath.

I'm not the female version of a hustler, but His DIVA;
Inspired by His Divinity, Victorious in all things because of His Anointing.

All of this didn't just fall from the sky,
It didn't land here overnight in the blink of an eye.

It took time, love, patience, and most of all, GRACE,
Wouldn't be where I'm at if I was walking at my own pace.

His blessings shouldn't end with me like a no-through road,
He's the source and I am the channel, the channel through which they should flow.

So when you see the spring in my step, the twinkle in my eye,
Remember: It ain't me, but the God in me.

4 comments:

  1. His grace.. His sweet grace.. The only thing that keeps us STANDING.. Ah, awesome post. I'm a proud D.I.V.A!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the female version of a hustler, but His DIVA;WORD!!!! Lets kick the Beyonce attitude out of the airwaves!!!

    I am DIVA!! Love it Tash!! awesome piece-keep em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen.... You are truly inspiring, this is a blessing and you have made my day.. Thank you.. Tash you are awesome and God is faithful....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all for the positive feedback! i appreciate it so much. God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete