Monday, May 16, 2011

::22::


So, today I am officially 22 and a day!
How does it feel? Funny enough I actually FEEL older and it feels good.

I feel the frivolousness of my youth has died,
The care-free attitude of an adolescent has gone with the wind.
I feel a huge amount of responsibility resting on my shoulders, because I am no longer a girl, or a "chick" but developing into the fullness of a woman.
BUT, above all, I feel a huge amount of GRATITUDE; that I have "clocked" another year and I have more and more opportunities to be the best me I can be!
Growing up is actually quite exciting. The feeling of being that much closer to LIVING your dreams... being closer to reaching your destiny and fulfilling your purpose, it's all so exciting!

BUT:

Life doesn't get any easier the higher up the age scale you go! The road here hasn't been easy;

Pain, passion,
Hurt, betrayal,
Sorrow, joy,
Surprise, suspense,
Fear, awe,
Accomplishment, achievement,
Been through them all.


AND: I am STILL STANDING.

So as I enter into another phase in my life, I need His guidance. Psalm 25:4 is where it's at for me and in Him I will trust.

4 comments:

  1. Everyday brings us closer to our dreams!!! Ah heck ya! God has so much instore!! Hope you had a great weekend! xoxo... Nyasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that feeling of being a step closer to your destiny and how now more than ever it makes SUCH a huge difference the choices you make, the paths u take.. Good thing you have your Creator on your side.. guiding ur every step :) :)

    ReplyDelete