Friday, May 20, 2011

How much more provocative can you get?

I LOVE music. I can listen to almost any kind of music, from jazz to soul, RnB to Afro pop…almost anything! I’m pretty open minded when it comes to music. BUT it makes me so MAD when artists with sinister agendas aren’t ashamed to display their rather creepy and unsanctified acts so openly with no sense of remorse.

I have tried not to get caught up in Hollywood showbiz news frenzy because I felt it was better to not get involved and let people live their lives as long as they don’t affect me. But I feel that by keeping quiet, I am in a way enabling what I know is wrong. The devil uses our fear of man to further his kingdom. By expressing my feelings, may I be able to help somebody.


I bumped into an article about an artist who was burnt in a satanic ritual. She referred to the devil as her “dark prince” whom she needed to meet through the ritual.

The devil won’t always come to you with two horns and a 3-pronged fork. He sometimes uses more subtle ways to snare people into his traps, but lately he has upped his game and he is no longer just using subliminal methods to garner support. He and his followers are now a lot more provocative and fearless.

With lyrics such as these:

“When he comes to me, I am ready
I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs
Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain
Even after three times, he betrays me...

...I'll bring him down, bring him down, down
A king with no crown, king with no crown
In the most Biblical sense,
I am beyond repentance
Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind
But in the cultural sense
I just speak in future tense
Judas kiss me if offensed,
Or wear a condom next time

I wanna love you,
But something's pulling me away from you
Jesus is my virtue,
Judas is the demon I cling to
I cling to.”

(**bear in mind Judas is the one who betrayed Jesus)

AND images such as these:


Tell me, how much more provocative can one get? How can this be OK? How can we accept this?

It’s sad that a lot of the artists who seemed to have a lot of potential are caught up in a whole lot of shady stuff. I mean, talented individuals who could’ve made it big in the music industry anyway are caught up in dark and eerie dealings. What annoys me about their music is how catchy some of the songs are. I remember being in a taxi a few weeks ago and I heard this song on the radio. I thought to myself “WOW, awesome song.” It was my first time hearing the song, but before the song was even finished I was already singing along to it. I quickly googled the lyrics, and one of the first results that popped up linked that particular artist to the Illuminati and mind control. It freaked me out because the song sounded pretty “innocent” because she was singing about money and making the world dance.

There are so many hidden symbolisms in so many songs, album covers, television programmes and so on, and it's never "just art" or "just music". Hearing some of the tracks that are being released makes me feel such an unsettled feeling and I cannot imagine how millions and millions of people, especially teenagers are able to listen to some of these songs and not feel icky. It’s sad how so many artists have sold their souls to the devil in order to get fame and fortune. It’s sad that they don’t realise that these “riches” will only last for their natural life, if that and that you cannot put a price on your life.

I think over time, we have been numbed to so many things. Think about it, some things that were completely unacceptable 10, even five years ago have slowly become more and more acceptable and OK and in a lot of cases are now the norm.
What usually happens is, the first time you are exposed to something provocative, it shocks you. The second time, you’re a little less shocked. Third time you begin to like it, fourth time you REALLY like it and the fifth time, you probably start experimenting with it. This is usually the reason a lot of music channels repeat the same songs over and over again. It’s not because they don’t have anything better to play, but they are often trying to numb people’s receptors and weaken the filters that help us separate right from wrong.

Psalms 37:1 talks about not envying the wicked or those who do wrong. Never ever look at someone else’s wealth, popularity or status and wish you had what they have because you don’t actually know what price they had to pay to get where they are.

3 comments:

  1. That is so true, and my main worry is the teenagers who enjoy these songs and are experimenting mainly because of them. I hope they will realise it before it destroys their lives, someone has to remind them of Jesus before something goes severely wrong with the world we are in and a majority of it ends up devil worshippers you see. I completely agree, I have two singers in mind who have been singing like that and for one it was a drastic change, some of her songs are good but now it appears for her to make more money she is much more into singing about crazy things. It is no use to envy someone's wealth when you should focus on getting your own and yours mainly lies in the kingdom of God. Well, change has to be made and we shouldnt sit around and wait for the devil to destroy us, instead we should do something about our love for God and share it with the younger generation who are more susceptible to the devils ways..
    Tash you inspire me.. Thanks, keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My people die for a lack of knowledge.." Hosea 4:6

    Too many Christians want to look the other way and not take responsibility in terms of educating others on what the have found out.. or know about music and other things, forgetting that we will be held accountable for words we spoke, and didn't speak.. For souls lost because of our pride, ignorance, fear etc.

    Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for the feedback.
    **blessings**

    ReplyDelete