Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Art of Hanging On

I've heard people say stuff like "winners never quit and quitters never win" and "when you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on". They may be cliches but they offer encouragement when it's easier to throw in the towel.

Each and every one of us have at one point or another been faced by an affliction. Times when we've felt pressed, and afflicted in every way, But, "many are the afflictions of a righteous man, but GOD delivers him from them ALL". this word offers immense comfort to me when I feel helpless, because I know whom my help comes from. No matter what I am faced with, I know that I will be delivered. 

My mantra is "Whatever happens in your life is either sent by or used by God".
Even when I struggle to see how He will deliver me, I call to mind His promises, and how He works ALL things together for my good. And not just my good, but as a child of the Most High God, yours too.

My prayer for whoever is reading this is that whatever you go through, His grace be more than sufficient for you. That in the midst of trials, you call to mind His promises and stand firm on His word and stay anchored in the knowledge that He IS GOD.

2 comments:

  1. "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2nd Corinthians 4:8-9

    ReplyDelete