Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rise Up and Take Your Place


Have you ever thought about how seemingly insignificant YOU are in the fuller scope of the 7 billion people in the world? I mean there are 6,999,999 other people, so what difference can you make?
 Right? Wrong. You can change the world, by just being the change YOU want to see in the world as Gandhi said. Imagine if everyone looked at themselves as insignificant, and opted for inaction; the world would simply stay the same, if not get even more out of control.

I’m sure you’ve noticed the tag line of this blog is “Empowered To Empower”. I have been empowered through personal experiences and through watching other people’s lives. I have had so many “ah ha” moments through personal reflection and with the help of  wisdom imparted to me from others, and I tell you, it’s an awesome place to be…knowing that I may be one, but knowing the power of one to impact and change lives, and ultimately change the world. Knowledge is power, and the purpose of this blog is to impart some of what I have learnt to y'all. If I had the frame of mind of looking at myself as only 1 out of 7 billion, I probably would have stopped blogging log ago. 

I am hoping for increase in viewership of this blog, and that it reaches and touched those who need it, and for that I will require your assistance. I implore you to rise up and take your rightful place wherever you are, whatever your sphere of influence may be. Recommend articles that touch you, give me feedback either publicly or privately. Make suggestions/crit me on where I can improve, suggest other great blogs to check out, WHATEVER, but DO SOMETHING. Don’t shrink back at the challenge and daunting thought of you being only one person. We can be the change we want to see in the world, if we empower each other by sharing knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment